Half bathroom design ideas that are beautiful and innovative
If you have some good half bathroom design ideas, most of your job is done. Since space is a huge constraint in a half bathroom, you must look for designs that not only utilize the available space but also make the place look spacious and open. The last thing you want is for your bathroom to look crammed and suffocating. So make sure u get your hands on a solid design plan that will help you build the most effective and useful half bathroom possible. A half bathroom is a bathroom that has the basic fixtures – a toilet, a sink and in some rare cases, a small shower area.
Half bathroom design ideas and tips
- Stand alone fixtures – Go for stand alone fixtures when building a half bathroom. It is never a good idea to get an entire set of bathroom accessories for a half bathroom as these sets usually take up a lot of space. So go for items that are sold individually. To make them look visually pleasing, you could buy the fixtures in matching colors and designs. That will make your bathroom look pretty.
- Wall art – Since you would not have a lot of space to place items in the bathroom, make full use of the walls. Paint cool pictures on them, hang items on them, use colorful wallpapers, etc. The artistic walls would make the bathroom look lively and bright.
- Mirrors – Mirrors can be used to beautify any bathroom, whether it is large or small. So make sure you use the mirrors wisely. If you have space for just one mirror, make sure you get a beautiful frame for the mirror. If there is more space, hang mirrors of various sizes in the bathroom to give it a lovely look.
- Doors and windows – Make sure you have a large door and a window to ensure proper ventilation. It is commonly seen that half bathrooms get very damp due to improper ventilation. So make sure you have proper doors and windows.
- Upholstery – Finally, you have the upholstery. Make sure you get some nice and sober curtains and rugs for the bathroom. Try to keep the shades neutral and not too bright as a dark shade may make the bathroom look even more crammed. Also, it is best to avoid long, flowing curtains as there may not be enough room to accommodate them.
So include these ideas in your half bathroom design plan and you will be able to build up a very useful and pretty half bathroom in your house. If you need additional help, you could log on to the internet and go through the images and articles available there. You could also hire a professional interior designer to get the job done. Whatever you do, make sure you have a good design plan ready before you begin the task of building the half bathroom as this will help you work in a methodical fashion. This is perhaps one of the best half bathroom design ideas we could give you!